We are super excited to announce that one of our favourite events, Discover Luxembourg, is back for its 13th edition. This year the event will take place on Saturday, September 11th.
Teams of 4 will go through a course on foot in Luxembourg city. Along the way, the teams will stop at 5-6 event stations. At each stop, they will answer observation questions and take selfies around several landmarks. This opportunity is great to discover something new in Luxembourg city!
Of course the event has been modified to apply all the appropriate COVID safety measures, including following the Luxembourg government’s guidelines including social distancing.
Here are the other changes for this year’s event:
- The event will start and finish at Parc Pescatore and the route will be around Limbertsberg (not Luxembourg’s city centre)
- There is only one route this year, the shorter, 6.25km route (not a 8-10km route option)
- There will be a maximum of 50 teams
- Departure times will be staggered to increase social distancing
- Hand sanitiser will be provided to all teams
- No t-shirts will be provided this year. Teams are encouraged to create their own team shirts.
- The ceremony and prizes will be given online, so teams do not need to wait for other teams to finish.
Every year this event supports a different local charity. This year’s charity is Ilula Orphan Program (IOP) in Tanzania. One of the main functions IOP is its sponsorship program which connects Luxembourg families with a child in Tanzania, so the child can get a quality education.
Registration for Discover Luxembourg is open now! Click here to sign up!