With the weather (finally!) starting to warm up, many of us are itching to get outside. What better way to enjoy the fresh air than by stopping at an outdoor market? Here are some of our favorites!
No matter where you are in Luxembourg, you’re sure to find a farmers market nearby! Some of the most popular ones are:
- Luxembourg City: if you’ve ever visited Luxembourg City on a Saturday, chances are you’ve seen Stater Maart! Located in Place Hamilius (just around the corner from the Hamilius tram stop), this market has everything from freshly-baked pastries to local spices. It’s open every Wednesday and Saturday from 7:30 AM until 2:00 PM!
- Esch-sur-Alzette: head over to Esch’s Place Hôtel de Ville, a short walk from the train station, to catch their market! It’s open every Tuesday and Friday from 7:00 AM until 12:00 PM. Here, you can find fresh produce, local cheeses, and plants!
- Diekirch: Diekirch’s market is located in the Zone Piétonne (Pedestrian Zone), and it’s open on Tuesdays from 8:00 AM until 12:00 PM. Here, you can find fresh produce and a wide variety of oils! And on the third Tuesday of every month, head over to Place Guillaume “Kluuster” for another market! This one is also open from 8:00 AM until 12:00 PM.
- Dudelange: Each Thursday morning, Dudelange’s Town Hall Square transforms into a market offering food, flowers, and everything in between! It’s open from 8:00 AM until 12:30 PM. On the first Thursday of every month, a market in nearby Place Fohrmann offers leather materials and household goods. This market is also open from 8:00 AM until 12:30 PM. (PS: Looking for more to do in Dudelange? Check out our itinerary!)
- Ettelbruck: Start your weekends off right by visiting Ettelbruck’s market! It’s open on Friday mornings from 7:30 AM until 1:00 PM and located in the Pedestrian Zone. It has upwards of 15 different stalls, ranging from honey and marmalade to ostrich! They’ve also got Greek food and fresh pasta.
Check out more farmers markets here!
Flea & Antique Markets
While several of the above markets offer non-food items as well, Luxembourg City also has a monthly flea market! Stop by for some affordable finds and get to know local sellers. This market is located at the Champ du Glacis in Luxembourg City. It’s held on the first Sunday of every month from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM.
Additionally, several antique markets are held all throughout the country. Luxembourg City’s got one of these too—at Place d’Armes! This market is held two Saturdays each month and is open from 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM. For a list of specific dates, click here. Place Guillaume II frequently has farmers, flea, and antique markets as well; see here for more information! Make sure to register if necessary.
Echternach also has a monthly antique market held at the Marktplatz. Click here for more information! If you’re interested in selling things at any of these markets, make sure to read all the rules and requirements first.
The Grund also holds an art market on the first Sunday of every month! It’s open from 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM and located just off Place d’Armes. This is an incredible way to support international artists and spruce up your walls in the process. The market has paintings, drawings, photos, glasswork, and ceramics, among others!
Can’t decide what kinds of products you want? Torn between a flea market and a farmers market? Don’t worry—the Glacismaart has you covered! This unique market is held the third Sunday of every month (except for August) until November. It’s open from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM in the Glacis parking lot, right off Boulevard de la Foire. Glacismaart also offers 100% Luxembourgish products!
We hope you enjoy exploring these markets! Let us know your favorites in the comments!