We all deserve to take time and truly pamper ourselves! I wanted to share with you a great routine for the ultimate pamper evening that makes you feel refreshed, relaxed, and confident in your skin.
Scrub Your Scalp
We exfoliate our face, we exfoliate our legs: why don’t we exfoliate our scalps? A scalp exfoliator removes excess product build up that may be lingering around the roots and gives the hair a well-deserved refresh. The OUAI Scalp & Body Scrub is fantastic. To use, simply section wet hair and massage a small amount onto the exposed scalp then wash off. This scrub contains coconut oil, which nourishes the scalp and injects moisture into the hair.
Olaplex No3 Hair Perfector is the product for you if you are looking to treat heat or colour-damaged hair. A favourite with the likes of Kim Kardashian, this treatment restores and repairs the hair to build strong, healthy locks. The secret? The variety of high quality ingredients repair the broken bonds in the hair. Even if you have never touched your hair with heat or color, this range can still work for you to ensure healthy hair.
This can be used either as:
- A 10 minute pre-wash hair treatment. Applied to damp hair & wait a minimum of 10 minutes before following up with normal hair washing.
- An overnight treatment. Apply the same way as above but wash out in the morning and follow up with a normal hair washing routine.
Smooth Skin Here We Come
Exfoliation is great before shaving as it removes dead skin cells, prevents ingrown hairs and helps moisturizers to absorb deeper into the skin. Ameliorate Skin Smoothing Body Polish is ideal for anyone who suffers from dry skin or simply needs a deep exfoliation. Ameliorate products contain Lactic acid, which is part of the AHA family. This ingredient helps to break down dead skin and remove skin bumps which can be caused by a build-up of skin cells.
Once your skin is beautifully smooth, it is ready to be moisturized. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream is a gorgeous product and one that I highly recommend! The Brazilian body cream is rich and luxurious, but still feels lightweight on the skin making it perfect for everyday use. The cream is infused with caffeine to help stimulate circulation, keeping your skin smooth & toned while also minimizing cellulite. The subtle sweet scent makes you smell utterly irresistible and is a beautiful base for any fragrance to be paired with.
Face Masks Are Just A Must!
A true pamper session means always has to include a face mask. I recommend sheet masks if you are looking to lightly treat and hydrate the skin, plus the radiance they give is perfect under makeup! For a deeper clean, a standard cream based mask is great. The Body Shop has a fantastic range of masks for different skin types and needs. I have linked the mask page here, to check out for yourself but here are a few of my recommendations:
- Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask: The detoxifying properties of charcoal are going to draw out impurities and the tee tree oil deep cleans the pores. It is incredibly tingly due to the tea tree oil in it so don’t be alarmed when you apply it to your skin.
- Amazonian Acai Energizing Radiance Mask: Only got 3 hours of sleep last night? Late night? Hungover? In need of a pick me up? Skin is truly transformed from dull & lack lustre to beautifully radiant and energized in a matter of 5 – 10 minutes. When removing, it exfoliates the skin encouraging circulation and blood flow to naturally plump the skin.
So let’s recap, you have: lovely clean hair, smooth skin & a natural radiant glow! If you are having a pamper night then pour a glass of cremant, watch your favourite movie and have a good time. If you find yourself with a date this weekend, then here are my final tips & tricks to ensure you feel the best version of you!
Typically there is a stigma that date night makeup needs to be natural and focused on enhancing natural features rather than covering up, but we think you should do your makeup exactly how you like it. Personally, I prefer a more natural approach and keeping it very skin focused to maintain the glow we got from the skincare. These are some of my favourites to create a romantic look:
- FENTY Beauty Pro Filt’R Instant Retouch Concealer
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette
- NARS Climax Mascara
- Too Faced Natural Nude Lipstick
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Highlighters
- FENTY Beauty Gloss Bomb – FENTY Glow
You’re almost ready to go! The final touch that I love is perfume. Deep, sexy perfumes are my absolute favourite! One that I think is a date night classic is Alien by Mugler. It’s a gorgeous scent that if put in the right places will keep you smelling sexy all night long.
And now, you’re date ready or set for the best night in ever! No matter what you do this weekend, have fun and enjoy yourself!